Kate and her husband live in the Pacific Northwest, the setting for Kate’s first novel, A Portrait of Marguerite. Kate studied painting, photography, and Italian in college. She has worked a variety of jobs, including car salesman and restauranteur.
Eight Facts about Kate
- When an automobile salesman, I preferred selling used-cars. Buyers either liked them or they didn’t. No wishy-washy: “Does it come in a four-door or different color?”
- My favorite book is War and Peace.
- I’m a dog person — I owned and showed several breeds in the ring and used to pick up strays — but I’m a cat magnet. I’ve been told I have good cat etiquette. They even follow me on the street.
- I eat gluten-free, so I must skip cake — unless it’s flourless — and consume the icing. Once, I made my mother-in-law’s signature brown-sugar frosting and ate the whole batch.
- I add organic whole whipping cream to my bitter Italian morning coffee. Yummy! No, I don’t eat fat free.
- My professorial dad and I spent many a day in our waders fly-fishing on the Stillaguamish River, WA, together. I still love the smell of pipe tobacco and think of him often.
- I like the old Miss Marple on PBS the best. “Father Brown” is the only TV show both my husband and I like on TV..
- Yes, my hair really is this curly on its own, especially when it rains.